SPLOG = SPAM + BLOG

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

AdSense Spammer #16

This AdSense spammer does deserve to be highlighted in more harsh light due to the kind of splog he created. Check out this beauty. He created 556 of these fat splogs each with AdSense ad (pub-3796504417592445) on them. If you click on one of those links on that splog, you end up with this page. He is using a different AdSense account on those pages. That AdSense account id is pub-0018564979209276. I really would like Google to respond to this one critical question about AdSense policy. Does this spamming violate AdSense policy? If yes, which AdSense accounts? Just ones on the splog itself or the ones the links are pointing to?

I have come to a crossroad when it comes to what I can do about fighting splogs. Personally I think Google should ban both AdSense accounts but that's just me. Of course that's not for me to judge but rather it's really up to Google. But then again is it? In the end, the power behind the decision lies with the advertisers who foot the bill for the ads showing up on each and every one of the splogs as well as countless target pages. Google is no doubt profit drivin so they are more likely to say that these target pages are perfectly fine as they have in the past. I'd bet advertisers would beg to differ. I simply can't imagine that advertisers would see value in their ads showing up on made for AdSense page like this. What more can I do if Google chooses to ignore the problem? One thing left is for me to contact the advertisers directly and let them know of how they are wasting their money by putting their ads on spammer's website. I really don't want to do this because this can potentially damage Google's reputation. I am an AdSense publisher myself so if advertisers go away it impacts me as well. I suppose I'm simply thinking out loud as to what the next logical step in fighting splog is and what consequences it will bring. What's clear to me now is I am now going have to think about this decision more seriously as I'm witnessing Google more inclined to brush the splog problem under the rug. This is the main reason why I am not publishing the full splog list but rather just the first 100 splogs from this spammer. Ultimately I would very much prefer to work with Google than against Google.

pub-3796504417592445_100.txt - first 100 of 556 splogs

No comments: